We are a small team of innovators. We host the LAUNCH Festival (the largest startup event in the world), produce the popular podcasts “This Week in Startups” (TWiST) and "Angel," run the LAUNCH Accelerator, Jason's Syndicate, and LAUNCH Ticker. We invest millions of dollars into promising founders every year, some of which go on to change the world.
We invest millions of dollars into promising founders every year, some of which go on to change the world.
We are looking for...
A Sales Account Executive with 5-10 years of experience in sales who can consistently grow their pipeline, and exceed goals on a quarterly basis. Commissions are uncapped, the more you sell the more you earn, it is that simple. Sales experience in media, SaaS or similar industries is ideal.
- Hands on. A closer. Passionate about startups. Persistent. Creative. Easy to deal with.
- You are a doer first who buys into our mission to "support founders and inspire innovation."
- We’re looking for someone to help build and operate a sales process for advertising across LAUNCH media channels.
This role consists of:
- Identify leads. Figuring out which brands are most relevant to our audience and who at those companies would want to work with us.
- Manage a pipeline. Realistically, this is going to include a good amount of cold emailing. But that’s just part of it – creative communication, managing discussions, and building relationships is key.
- Account management. Compared to some sales teams where a deal is closed and passed on to another team, we let you work with our team and your accounts to ensure we deliver just what they want – and convince them to renew!
- Intrinsically motivated with a high sense of urgency to drive results through achievement of sales targets
- Great connections to CMOs, marketing teams, and executives at great startups, and established tech companies as well as other Fortune 500 companies
- Create and deliver great partnership and sponsorship programs
- Advanced communication skills - i.e. quick to respond, distribute and follow up on high priority revenue opportunities as well as the ability to communicate with C-level executives.
- Creative - must be able to develop event marketing opportunities that are compelling for all of the different market segments of our sponsorship base
- Must be an operational minded sales person - willing to walk the conference floor to meet and greet existing and potential sponsors.
- You embrace a solution-oriented approach to selling, ensuring your customers receive value from the products they buy from you.
- Ability to close sales
- The ability to listen first and add value in every conversation.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- Research and identify new sponsors
- Expert networking capabilities
- Passionate about media and podcasts
- Experience in digital marketing
- Familiarity with tools like outreach.io, Mixmax, Google Drive/Docs, Hubspot, Pipedrive, and Slack
Salary: $80-100k USD base (depending on experience level) + commission
Think you have the enthusiasm, know-how, efficiency and grit for this position? Apply now.
Please be prepared to answer the following questions in your application:
- What are types of companies you think would be interested in advertising with LAUNCH?
- Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this role at LAUNCH?
- How would you describe LAUNCH Ticker to a potential sales lead?