About the Managing Director, Operations position
We are a small team of passionate innovators. We host the LAUNCH Festival, produce the popular podcasts “This Week in Startups” (TWiST) and "Angel," run the LAUNCH Accelerator, The Syndicate, and LAUNCH Ticker. We invest millions of dollars into promising founders every year, some of which go on to change the world.
We are looking for a Managing Director, Operations who will help us facilitate accelerating development and long-term success. Your duties will include ensuring that our business is well-coordinated and productive by creating and overseeing its procedures and coaching its people.
You should possess thorough knowledge of all company processes and be able to plan many different kinds of operational activities. We also expect you to be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business.
- Perform evaluation of the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements, on a regular basis
- Work together with the CEO and Managing Directors to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Monitor daily business activities to ensure smooth progress
- Oversee procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Supervise the work of different departments and provide constructive feedback
- Perform evaluation of overall company's performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Organize customer support processes, enhancing customer satisfaction
- Explore financial information and optimize operational budgets
- Review and update policies and promote their implementation
- Organize relationships and agreements with external partners and vendors
- Verify the compliance of company's operations to legal regulations and inner policies
- 5-10 years' experience of working in mid-level to senior operations or other relevant position
- Solid experience with diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Good practical knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities
- Strong communication and people skills
$100,000 annual salary + deal carry